This warranty applies to stone correctly installed in its original location. It does not cover workmanship of third party installers or DIY orders. The stone for your worktop has been carefully selected from premium quality stone slabs from the same block or batch to be free from defects and has been machined, prepared, polished, treated and approved by our craftsmen to ensure your worktop is a quality item to be proud of for many years to come with the right care and attention to maintenance.|
Stone products will include natural imperfections. These imperfections are not defects in the material. Colours and patterns will vary from one piece of stone to another. No two pieces will be exactly the same. So we cannot guarantee the colour or character of stone delivered and/or fitting will be an exact match to any sample previously offered.
The surface of the stone is not totally smooth - there are pits, fissures, eyes, chips and gaps. These cannot be polished out, as it is the natural state of the stone. We reserve the right to use chemical or resinous fillers, some of which may already be present in the stone worktop to affect any repairs. Stone worktops do sometimes incur slight variations in thickness so a 2mm tolerance either side of the ordered thickness of the worktop is required. This tolerance is industry standard and is usually not noticeable in the final product.
All natural stone is porous and must be sealed regularly. Some stones are more porous than others. This is not a defect of the stone, it is a natural characteristic. Your stone worktops are sealed where appropriate prior to installation to resist staining. You will need to ensure a suitable sealer is re-applied regularly as appropriate. However this does not mean they are guaranteed not to stain. Care should be taken to ensure that materials likely to cause staining (such as acidic fruit like lemon, lime, vinegar based sauces, abrasive cleaning products, bleach etc) are kept away from direct contact with the stone worktop.
Maintenance of Tile Products
For a guide on how to maintain your worktops, please see the StonewrightUK Tile maintenance page.
What Is Covered
• This limited transferrable warranty covers Tile Surfaces that have been purchased from StonewrightUK Ltd and have been permanently installed in your single family residence by StonewrightUK Ltd.
• This limited transferrable warranty covers products that have been maintained according to the StonewrightUK Care Maintenance guide as shown above.
What Is Not Covered
• Tile Surfaces are stone products which will not crack unless an external force or interaction causes the crack such as impacts, uneven cabinets or flooring, structural settling or movements, thermal shock from the use of crock pots, skillets or other hot items placed directly on the Tile Surfaces, improper installation or other conditions in the home that may cause the Tile Surfaces to shift. Therefore, cracks are not covered by this warranty. Caution: Do not use crock pots, skillets or other hot items directly on your Tile Surfaces. Always place them on a trivet or cutting board to protect your Tile from thermal shock.
• This warranty does not cover any additional or supplemental repairs or modifications such as, any plumbing, electrical, tile or wall surface modifications that may be necessary to repair or replace the Tile Surfaces covered under this limited warranty; such other repairs and modifications shall be the responsibility of the customer.
• This warranty does not cover products that have not been paid for in full.
• This warranty does not cover products exposed to abnormal use or conditions or abuse in any way. "Abnormal use or conditions" includes, but is not limited to, damage from mishandling or misuse, damage from excessive heat, scorching or exposure to weather conditions, exposure to ultraviolet light, physical or chemical abuse, acid etching, staining or damage from improper care and maintenance or damage from chipping, cracking, impact damage or breaking due to customer abuse.
• Tile Surfaces are intended to have a natural and non-uniform appearance, thus this limited warranty does not cover any variances in colour, shade, particle structure or gloss level.
• This warranty does not cover products that you, the customer, decide you do not like after installation due to colour, edging styles or other opinions based on personal preference.
• This warranty does not cover seam appearance or performance.
• This warranty does not cover temporary marks on the Tile products including but not limited to metal marks, fingerprints or smudges or other temporary marks made by household utensils.
• This warranty does not cover "commercial uses" of the Tile products. "Commercial uses" include but are not limited to use in commercial buildings such as retail stores, restaurants, offices, hotels, or apartment complexes.
• This warranty does not cover outdoor uses.
• StonewrightUK Ltd is not responsible for damage or injury caused in whole or in part by acts of God, job site conditions, architectural and engineering design, structural settling or movement, acts of vandalism, or accidents.